Warming Ginger Adzuki Bean Soup Recipe


 Is it just me...or does anyone else feel that cold front coming in?

I put this little soup dish together and it did just the time trick!  
(warning this soup might de-chill, decongest, and detoxify your body, and just make you feel all sorts of wonderfulness!)

Ingredients:
Adzuki bean
Kombu
Carrot
Onion
Lotus root
Sesame oil
Celery
Turmeric 
Ginger Root

I advise you to use cooked or partially cooked adzuki beans for this dish.  If you don't have them, you can make them ahead of time.  They cook for 60 minutes with a small piece of kombu.

 Dice up your lotus root, carrot, onion, and celery all to the sizes similar to the aduzki bean.  Set aside.  

Add a little sesame oil to the bottom of your soup pot.  Add vegetable one at a time, sauteing into the oil and cover each time in this order:  onion, lotus root and carrot.  Sesame with a little turmeric each time you add the vegetable.  If the beans are not completely cooked don't add salt yet.  If they are, you can salt as you go.  Adzuki bean are added last.  Add enough water to cover all the vegetables and bring to a boil.  

Cooking time depends on your adzuki beans.  If they are already completely cook, the soup should cook for about 10-15 minutes.  I like to add my celery when there's only about 5 minutes left so it stays a little crunchy.  That would be a good time to add your salt for seasoning. 

Comments

  1. Fantastic, I loved the recipe, your history, just moved me a lot, I am nutritionist in Brasil, and been trying to heal from a condition on my intestines, an fistula, after hearing your story decided to go forth with macrobiotics, i had been in doubt about it, or raw foods.
    Thank you for you example, and you are also gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a great post. It is very useful and informative. Also, check out Macrobiotic Nutritionist

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts